Translating, Editing, Proofreading & Online French classes via Skype
(See the "About us" page for a list of my specialty fields)
Translating, editing and proofreading:
All documents &
Birth certificates, diplomas, transcripts
French classes online with Skype! Please visit the MyCustomFrench page on this website for information on custom French classes online via Skype.
What I can do for your business:
- Provide you with professional, high quality translation of your content. Of course, you'd say. Well if you browse the internet every now and then, you'll find legions of badly translated websites, that do more harm than good to the business they're representing. The result can be hilarious at best, and mostly, in those cases the potential client will just walk away because the content doesn't make sense.
- By this means help you increase your potential client base exponentially
- Help you gain more visibility and recognition worldwide
- Help you gain more credibility
- Because besides being a professional translator I’m a native speaker of French. In order to get high quality translations you need to hire a professional translator with all the education, qualifications, experience, and who translates into his/her native language.
- Because besides my training and experience as a translator I’ve also been a certified language teacher for many years, teaching English, then French, I am therefore dedicated to providing high quality content.
No, any bilingual person cannot do a translator's job. Professional translation requires education, training, experience, skills, and expertise that nothing replaces. What I provide is expertise, not only in my working languages, but in my specialty fields. (Please see the “About us” page for my specialty fields).
- Because I want to help you, that's what service providers do. And because I'm extremely curious and I love what I do.
- One detail that matters to you: This is a one woman business, which means you don't have to go through loops to get in touch with me in case you have questions or if there is a problem. Have you ever experienced trying to get in touch on the phone with a service provider and being connected to another person because the one you needed to talk to was "in a meeting"? No secretary, I personally respond to phone calls and emails. I don't outsource my work, I am the one and only resource person, and I consider it paramount to be accountable and available.
- Last but not least, just like you, I constantly try to grow my business by expanding globally, which is why this website is trilingual. So I do have first hand experience in expanding as a business.
How do you know you’re going to get high quality translations with me? You can read the introduction in the “About us” section of this Website, see my project list, and the testimonials page. And I can also provide you with small samples of my work upon request.
Ethics & Principles
Quality: What I do when I accept an assignment is to put my expertise at your service, to provide you with a translation that will read as if it had originally been written in the target language, not only a good technical translation, but one preserving style, with the target audience in mind.
Confidentiality: All documents I handle are considered confidential.
Responsibility/ Accountability: In your interest, I do not accept assignments that are beyond my capacity, and I do not subcontract to other translators. Please remember that your translator may be working on several projects, and that quality translation requires time. However once your project accepted, you will receive your document on time, that is my commitment.
Finally, research is part of my job, but if you have any information likely to help me better meet your expectations, such as glossaries, previous translations of similar documents, specific guidelines, target audience, etc, they are welcome.
I provide resume/CV upon request by email.